5-Step Transformation Process
At e-Drive Retro, we combine the timeless classic designs embodied in authentic automotive masterpieces with contemporary precision-engineered Plug-In EV Drivetrain technology (e.g. high-performing, electric and software-controlled drivetrain and regenerative braking) to transform these iconic vintage vehicles into routinely driveable collectibles that are also, the easiest-to-maintain and most fun to drive automobiles on the road!
In essence, e-Drive Retro is breaking the resto-mod car barrier by transforming actual vintage vehicles (meticulously restored with period-correctness) into future-proofed classics featuring a proprietary electronic vehicle (EV) drivetrain and a precise, sensor-based control system. These modern marvels require nominal maintenance and offer the highest levels of automotive performance.
In addition, e-Drive Retro’s Team of top international automotive/EV professionals have extensive experience by participating in some of the world’s most demanding electric vehicle designs, such as:
- The first road-legal hybrid taxi called CityCab; and
- The Electric Race About (ERA), a 4 motor all-wheel drive, torque-vectoring supercar which remains the fastest road legal EV timed at the famous German track Nürburgring
e-Drive Retro’s end-to-end transformation process removes hundreds of moving mechanical parts, with their wear and maintenance expense, replacing them with less than a dozen high performing, energy conserving, moving EV components, all digitally controlled for safety and a truly responsive driving experience. In addition, our electronic vehicles feature the latest in wireless telecommunications and Big Data gathering technology, enabling owners and eDrive Retro to remotely monitor each car for performance and updates.
In summary, the collectible cars transformed by e-Drive Retro feature engineering superiority and proprietary EV componentry more sophisticated than what is available otherwise through do-it-yourselfers, or resto-mod shops.
We employ a proven five-step transformation process for each vehicle, which includes:
- Identifying and addressing the core structural, interior and exterior restoration needs unique to each car to ensure that it is safe, solid, authentic and “EV Drivetrain retrofit ready”. This includes removing the original fossil fuel drivetrain and all related components.
- 3D-Laser scanning of all areas of the car which are related to the new e-Drivetrain components in order to capture all the detailed data specifics required to ensure the proper fit of every new EV component seamlessly.
- System Engineering and Industrial Design of the complete new e-Drivetrain, including a full 3-D CAD Model of the system and all components that must be produced. Once our Design Verification and Dynamic Digital Vehicle Simulation steps have been completed to meet our engineering standards; the components are sourced or fabricated using NC fabrication, 3D printing, and other precision methods to ensure the highest quality.
- Meticulous e-Drivetrain System Installation into the restored car, along with full Calibration of all sensors, and integration with the vehicle’s native electro-mechanical systems. This is where the future-meets-vintage, rejuvenating another classically beautiful car and bringing it to new life as a fully contemporary Plug-In EV!
- Test driving, optimization tuning and delivery of the transformed classic auto to the client.